Thursday, August 4, 2011

Guff's Steel Cut Oatmeal Bread

Our co-baking buddy, Guff, developed a steel cut oatmeal bread.  I had mentioned that  I was looking for a new, lighter multigrain bread.  Recently, I purchased some oat groats at a really good price, and he gave me this recipe.  You can see his fun blog at Old Pop's Blog
Although it wasn't whole groats, it sounded like it would be a good thing to test out at the Farmer's Market.


Here are the mini loaves, after an overnight rise in the fridge.  I think they rose too much, and the edges had to be trimmed with a scissors.  Only a half batch was made the first time. 

One loaf was cut into samples, and the other two loaves sold to happy customers.

The next time, I made 3 small loaves and one larger ( 1 1/2 pound) loaf.  All the loaves sold. 

Here's a picture of the second batch of my smaller loaves baking--sourdough and Guff's Steel Cut Oatmeal bread:


You can tell them apart because of the oats in the dough.  I was really careful of this because of a mixup of 2 whole wheat recipes in the past.

Thanks for stoppping by.  I hope you will leave a comment and suggestions.  Come back soon!

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Awww shucks, you will make me blush. And your loaves look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete