Thursday, August 21, 2014

"The Godfather" Spaghetti Sauce for 20 Guys



Two things happened, almost at the same time.  We watched "The Godfather."  Being a foodie, my mouth dropped when there was an Italian spaghetti sauce recipe!  I made hubby review the DVD to get the recipe for the spaghetti sauce that was taught to Michael Corleone.

Coincidentally, the tomatoes of a really nice man in my pool class got ripe.  He only gives them out when they are ripe.  I missed class, and he kindly brought me all but 2 of the tomatoes below!

So... I think I need to make a batch of the "The Godfather" Spaghetti Sauce for 20 Guys."

A Tomato Bonanza!


Clemenza makes spaghetti and meatballs in "The Godfather."     video


First, I watched a video on how to peel tomatoes.  Otherwise, the skin would come off in cooking and make a messy sauce.  Yaay for YouTube!  How to Peel a Tomato


Before putting the tomatoes, cut an "X" in the top and bottom of the tomato, to make peeling easier.  Put the tomatoes in ice water after cooking to stop the cooking of the tomato

I chopped up the peeled tomatoes with a potato masher.  Then I chopped up some garlic.

Clemenza's recipe calls for adding sausage and meatballs.  I made a change, and added vegan sausage.  Really tasty.


The sausage was sliced and sauteed in olive oil.


After the garlic and sausage were sauteed, I added the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and tomato paste.





We enjoyed two wonderful dinners.  I listened to some Italian music on YouTube, while we ate dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment