Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Focaccia with Garlic Shards, Artichokes and Feta

There's a note on my book that says, "good" at the top of this recipe.  I'm guessing that someone else in our baking group made it, and liked it.  Since it came up as our baking assignment, I just had to try making it.  We had this focaccia bread for dinner tonight.

A half batch of HBin5 master dough was made.  As usual,  I used white whole wheat flour instead of regular whole wheat flour.  We didn't have any marinated artichokes, but we had artichokes canned in water.  So I added some olive oil to some artichokes and let them marinate for awhile.  The olive oil was drained to saute the garlic and to drizzle on the focaccia bread just before baking.

Instead of adding rosemary, feta cheese was added during the last 5 minutes of baking so that it wouldn't burn. The focaccia bread was already pretty full of toppings, so the rosemary would have been too much.



Focaccia Breadd with Garlic Shards, Artichokes, and Feta
It was really good!  We were so excited to eat it, I forgot to take a picture of it when it first came out of the oven.  This is the only piece saved--for my lunch the next day!

We'd highly recommend trying this recipe!  You will forget that it's whole grain.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave a comment before you go, I'd love to hear from you.  And I hope you will return soon, I'll be baking again!

Judy

4 comments:

  1. Been there, done that, eat almost the whole thing, THEN remember I forget to take a picture. I used canned artichoke hearts as well--that was what I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the canned artichokes really did work well, but I did marinate them.

    I wonder how this would taste with Ben's Mustard? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a piece to photograph! I'm not sure I know what garlic shards are. I'll have to look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer artichokes in water to the marinated variety which is a very strong flavor. This is a good bread to serve with any pasta with red sauce!

    ReplyDelete